|Posted by kosishthehospice on April 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM|
. PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION will help them talk about their
The power of visual imagery cannot ever be overstated and KOSISH – the hospice is looking for photographs that tell the stories of the lonely elderly, people living with terminal illness and in their last days of life and also that of the people who care for them and live with them.
• Event 1 - A photography competition, around the concept of healthcare. School students are invited to submit entries, which will be judged by an expert panel. The three best entries from each age category will be awarded a prize each. The 50 best entries will receive a certificate of appreciation, and also be exhibited.
• Event 2 – "On the spot slogan writing" competition on the exhibits. Students will be required to choose any of the photographs (except their own entry) in the exhibition and write down a slogan based on the theme and judged by an expert panel. The best slogan in each three categories will be awarded a prize.
• Event 3 – A half day interactive session on "how to cope with the illness of a loved one". This will be facilitated by experts .The programme will be structured in a way that will help young people to express their innermost hopes and fears and learn to deal with them in a sensitive manner.
• Individual Themes:
Class 6, 7 – Good Habits for Good health/ care of elderly
Class 8, 9 – Being healthy or sick/care of elderly
Class 10, 11, 12 – Caring for the sick/care of elderly
• Adult category: Palliative care & care of the elderly
Rules, Regulations and Guidelines for Photography competition
1. Registration: All students wishing to participate will have to submit postcard size color/black & white photographs to the undersigned with their name, age and contact details, including phone number. Last date for submitting entries is 10 May 2013.
2. Eligibility: Students of Classes 6 to 12 are eligible to participate. Adults can also send in their photographs.
• Each participant will send in three entries out of which the best one will be selected as the final entry for competition.
• A maximum of 200 entries will be taken. The best 50 entries will be selected for final competition and information will be displayed.
4. Event date: 18th of May, Saturday, 2013.
5. Event venue: Will be notified soon
6. Contact Person:
• Mrs. Usha Mohanty : 9234478506
• Mrs. Ratna Biswas : 8603378337